Getting Paid to Blog.

May 1, 2014

Yesterday was kind of crazy.  
I was contacted by someone who wants to pay me to blog.
And it's Reebok.
I don't know about y'all, but Reebok is a pretty big name wanting to sponsor this little ol' blog.

Like... for real?

I have recently placed ads on my blog because Erin from Living in Yellow said everyone should get paid to blog.  So natually, I do whatever she says.  When I was emailed from the guy at Reebok, I was in shock.  It's craziness to think that they sent me a huge discount code and told me to buy a few Reebok things in order to show it off on the blog.  Then, place their ad on my blog and go from there.  Still surreal.  

The funny thing is, I had my friend who is a Zumba instructor order me some Reebok gear with her discount not even two weeks ago after seeing all the cool clothes they were wearing during class.  

So yeah... those plans I was speaking of in my last post;  you're looking at them.
While I love this blog and love every aspect of sharing my life, story, and journey with you, it is work.
And no one goes to work for free, right?

[let it be said that I am not expecting to make a large sum of money right away.
I am hoping to build up more readership and sponsorship, hopefully one day making more money.
and if I never see a penny from blogging, it won't matter.  because I love this blog, this life, and all of you.]









7ef42d39b55c96b8668afdd5cd1bd04e7aa180d5ffa68449b0

12 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! That's the best when it comes organically just from being you and doing something you love. Tell Reebok to call me!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new sponsor!! I would die if a big brand like that would sponsor me! :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, seeking you out! That's awesome. Just reminds me that I need to get back to it ... I had ads on my blog and it is a great way for some extra change. I don't work during the summer, so that's incentive for me. Congrats Meighan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! You so deserve it!! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! One of my goals is to monetize my blog, I just don't feel like I am ready for it just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is sooooo exciting!! Congrats!!! Hook a girl up on how to make the moneys. You know....so I can afford drinks next time we meet up, duh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news and how cool! Do show me how to do this! I may need to read Living in Yellow's blog to figure out how to get paid to blog and all. Nice little pre-wedding gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has nothing to do with your post, but I think the your face on the right is sooooooo pretty. Your eyebrow give me life! Hope all is well!

    (PS. I accidentally commented on your blog using someone else's account. I was designing their blog and completely forgot. DOH!)

    - Rekita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! I am so glad that companies are starting to take bloggers seriously. Our opinions do matter!

    -Jackie
    http://ournashvillelife.com

    ReplyDelete