100 pounds gone forever.

April 23, 2014


"You never know what's around the corner.  It could be everything.  Or it could be nothing.  You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain."  -Tom Hiddleston

I've thought long and hard about how I would write this post.  From the moment I hit my 75 pound lost mark, I constantly thought about getting to my next milestone and how I would feel when I got there.  

Well, that moment came yesterday.  I woke up, got on the scale, and it said "210.5."  So I stepped off the scale, looked around for a minute and then moved the scale to a different place on the bathroom floor.  Still 210.5. 

 For those of you who are new around here, my starting weight was 311. 

I HAVE OFFICIALLY LOST 100.5 POUNDS IN EXACTLY EIGHT MONTHS AND FOUR DAYS.

As my luck would have it, Ben is out of town for business and I had no one to take my "100 pounds lost" picture to put next to my starting weight picture.  I will get him to do that as soon as he walks in the door at the end of the week.  

I just want to be honest for a minute:  I'm in shock.  I know how hard I've worked for this, and I know how hard I've struggled with moments of weakness.  There have been times when I thought that scale would never move again, like when I was stuck at 224 for a month.  There have been times of frustration and sadness, times when I felt as though no one in this world knew how I felt.  Albeit those moments haven't happened for several months now, I've definitely had them.  There have been times when I shoved a Twix in my mouth and ate it shamefully, then felt like complete crap afterwards.  (Both mentally and physically... the sugar isn't so good for the pouch.)  There have been times when I've lacked the motivation to go to the gym and other times when I felt as though I had become a true gym rat. 

I've experienced so much in the past eight months.  But I can tell you, with 100% absolute certainty, that I have never, not for one minute missed my old life.  I have never missed driving through McDonalds and loading up on food I knew I shouldn't have.  I have never missed the days when the scale went up and up and up and I would think, "oh it's okay, as long as I don't get to ______ lbs then I'm fine."  I always exceeded those personally set limits of mine.  I have never missed being uncomfortable in my own skin, feeling ugly and like I wasn't worth anything.  I have never missed clothes not fitting me and having nothing nice to wear to events we would go to.  

I.DON'T.MISS.IT.  

I keep trying to find a way to celebrate losing 100 pounds, but I think the best way to celebrate is to just keep going.  We are going to the beach in two and a half weeks and I feel like that's ample time for me to get below 200 pounds.  I think my mark of losing 100 pounds is so close to being under 200, that I really can't get emotional until I'm in the 100-somethings.  Even if it is 199.  I thought I would cry and be so emotional about losing 100 pounds, but I just feel this overwhelming sense of pride and joy.  Sometimes, I look at old pictures and don't recognize myself.  It's difficult to see how I had let myself become that big, that overweight, that unhappy.  But it's gratifying and surreal to see the person that I've become.  
And I'm so, so incredibly happy and proud of that.  

One last thing before I go... 
THANK YOU.
All of you.
I have received countless emails, calls, texts, Facebook messages, etc... Some from friends, some from bloggers, some from complete strangers, all telling me what an inspiration I am to them.  The support and encouragement I've received from all of you mean the absolute world to me.  There are truly no words to say how thankful and blessed I am to have you all, and to have this blog as a platform to reach out to others.  Helping people is something that I'm passionate about, so seeing this blog reach so many people and have them in turn reach out to me... well, that truly makes this whole crazy journey of mine well worth it.

all my love, always.
-M

SW:  311
CW: 210.5
-100.5

18 comments:

  1. This is incredible and makes my heart oh so happy! You are kicking its' ass girl! Keep on going, it's a lot easier to when you have that momentum and drive. And when you hit those slumps? Keep trudging through, it's all worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a freaking rock star and inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So very excited and proud of you, girl! You are a complete BA. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Congratulations!!!!!!! That is so so so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tears in my eyes just reading this! You are a rockstar and I am so thrilled for you and amazed at your hard work! You are one of the people I think about when I feel like I want to give up at the gym. Your motivation gives me motivation (does that make sense?)! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so amazing!!! Good for you girlie! That is seriously such an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously so excited for you!! You're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm crying with you in happiness. I am so happy for you! I know I just started reading your blog, but goodness this is fantastic and you have done an amazing job and I cannot wait to see you do more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on this amazing accomplishment! It's truly amazing and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing!! I have been following your posts for quite some time and I am so proud of you!!! Congrats girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! So happy and proud of you! You've done such a phenomenal job and you look ahhhhmazing! I got chills reading this because I'm so excited for you. You've worked so hard and it's so amazing to watch your progress! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so AWESOME! I am so happy for you and so very proud!
    You can totally reach your goal of under 200 before your vacay! I believe in you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! That is awesome. It's a reminder that we just have to be patient with our bodies and don't give up. It may have felt like you'd never make it but you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You may not be in tears, but I am. You are SO amazing and I couldn't be more proud of you! 100lbs is SUCH a huge thing to lose. I know getting out of the 200s forever will feel even more amazing and I can't wait for you to get there! I can't tell you enough how much you inspire me and how proud of you I am! LOVE YOU SO BIG <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so thrilled for you! A cyber hug to you for this amazing accomplishment ;-) I'll be following you in that excitement in a few months, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations! this is freaking awesome. well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Similar to the rest inside lifestyle that's engineering caused and provide quickly results, help in crosswords they need quick fix answers to weight reduction too. So in a vulnerable time any time obese individuals are loathing them selves they often times vacation resort to be able to tablets and dietary supplements that are commonly publicised and declare they can not simply get slimmer although make them wholesome too.

    ReplyDelete