warning: bikini pictures ahead

May 27, 2014



Memorial Day, I have to say, was pretty dang fun.  We woke up early, packed up all our pool goodies, cooler and snacks included, and headed over to my cousin's house to get ready for a day of fun in the sun and a cookout.

The pool was amazing.  It wasn't too hot, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, it was breezy and the water was phenomenal.  We couldn't have asked for a better day.  To recap quickly, it was a wonderful day and I'm exhausted.  But I wanted to stop in and make sure that I kept my word on posting something I had mentioned previously.

Let me rewind a few weeks back.  Before we went to the beach, I got Spring cleaning fever and threw out every single last bathing suit I've ever owned except the two piece top and bottom bikini I had recently purchased.  I didn't take a picture at the beach because we were so busy having fun that I truly forgot.

I had this preconceived notion that wearing my bathing suit at the beach would be more comfortable than wearing it at the neighborhood pool.  Let's face it:  no one really knows me at either place, but still.  It turned out to be the exact opposite.  I felt self conscious at the beach and today at the pool I felt really great.  My fiance and my family kept telling me how great I looked and how I just looked like such a different person.  And I have to be honest, wearing the bikini made me feel like a new person.  I haven't worn a true two piece since I was 13!  THIRTEEN YEARS OLD, PEOPLE!

This blog is such an outlet for me and I have received nothing but kind words, support and encouragement.  But I want and need to be honest:

posting this picture is terrifying.
my body is not where I want it to be.
but it is still 105.5 pounds smaller.

so.  without further adieu.  


I could sit here and list everything I see wrong in that picture, but I'm not going to.  
I see a woman, who made a life changing decision to be healthier, and who is 105.5 pounds smaller.
And I feel beautiful.  

Just to put things in perspective:


I haven't looked at that picture on the left in a long time, and I am so glad that I put those two pictures side by side.  I had forgotten how far I've come and I'm so glad that I've taken pictures to document my progress along this journey.  I mean, what a difference... 

Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day!
I know I'm so thankful for those who have fought and died for all of our freedom in this country.
Tonight we are double dating with my cousins at the Journey & Steve Miller Band concert.
I love both these bands, so I'm pretty excited!

all my love, always.

17 comments:

  1. You kook fantastic!!! You're rocking that bikini, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so amazing Meighan! Truly, you're such an inspiration. I'm so proud of you pushing towards not being skinnier (although that is a confidence booster) but healthier. You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, well....look at you rocking that bikini girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Um, you are going to see Journey?! I am totally jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! Such an amazing accomplishment. You're braver than me, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS INCREDIBLE! I may or may not be in tears! You look amazing and I can't believe your progress! It's crazy!! Rock that bikini!! LOVE that top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so good!!! Not perfect because nobody is...unless you are Adriana Lima world famous VS model and even she doesn't see herself as perfect. So basically, you look great and you have come a long a way so I'm glad you can feel proud of yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO JEALOUS that you're going to see SMB and Journey tonight!! I begged Derek to take me but we are saving money for a vacation later in June :(. You are looking freakin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meighan--You look so awesome! So proud of you. Have fun at the concert tonight! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the suit and how brave of you! looking good and it is only going to keep getting better. thanks for posting the pic, i was waiting on it too! you looked very toned too, if you had not put your before and after weight before i would have thought you were in ONE-derland by now! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so gorgeous!! I am so inspired by you! Although I am so jealous you are seeing Journey tonight!! Have a blast girl, you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look wonderful!! Way to go girl! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic girl! Thank you for posting this! It really helps to see other people's journey in this and I love seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. MEIGHAN! You look AMAZING! Keep wearing that bikini because you look SO SO SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! You look great! I am so self-conscience about wearing a bikini, but just to read the words you said, i think I will buy my first bikini ever. Thank you! Thank for giving me that confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great! And that bikini, I neeeeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You. Look. GREAT! So proud of you and for you! You have stuck with something that isn't easy and have major success to show for it. You go girl! : )

    ReplyDelete