minus 50.

October 18, 2013

On Monday I will be 9 weeks post surgery.  Some days, I still can't believe it.  It has been the biggest blessing in my life.  I feel better in so many ways-  my health, my confidence, my activity level...
And today I reached my biggest milestone yet:

minus 50 lbs.
!!!
 
I'm so happy and proud of myself.  I did have my first episode of dumping syndrome over the weekend and it was way worse than they described.  You wouldn't think chicken wings would be something you could eat post gastric bypass, but as long as they are baked or smoked they are fine.  And actually a really good source of protein as long as you watch the kind of sauce put on them.  So not thinking straight, we went to Hooters for some chicken wings.  ROOKIE MISTAKE.  They fry theirs and let me tell you, it TORE ME UP.  I was extremely dizzy, nauseated, sweating and felt like I was going to pass out.  Nothing I did helped, either.  It lasted for about 5 hours-  the most miserable 5 hours I can remember.
 
I'm going to post some pictures soon.  I need to be better about doing that, but the last picture I posted was in the 280's, so I'm excited to put them all side by side and see the difference!  Also, we are going to the Alabama game in Tuscaloosa tomorrow and I can't wait to see the difference of how I fit in the stadium seats.  Before, we've been super crunched in there.  Mostly because they make those "seats" on the benches SUPER small to fit as many people as possible, but also because I was so big!  I would have to squeeze my arms in front of me to make sure it wasn't cramping anyone else.
 
50 lbs... wow.  What a feeling.  Seeing that scale this morning brightened my whole day.  I'm loving life so much!
 
 
 
SW: 311
CW: 261
-50 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud and happy for you! Our Bama boys need to bring home a W tomorrow to celebrate. I hope you have an awesome time at the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrll dumping syndrome is no joke! I have that problem (too much? haha) and I haven't even had surgery. Wings are the worst though when it comes to upsetting my tummy!

    ReplyDelete