PMS post Gastric Bypass.

October 2, 2013

Lately, I'm sure Ben has wanted to kill me.  Between wedding planning and PMS, I have been a serious B-I-T-C-H.  Let's just go ahead and take wedding planning out of that equation, because it's definitely just the post surgery PMS.

We all know what happens when we have PMS.  We want a coke and a Hershey's- or some other delicious, super unhealthy food- to satisfy our womanly craving.  I CAN'T HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THAT.  I have been on a roller coaster of emotions for the past week, and still not started my period FYI.  I've felt discouraged, depressed, super angry, extremely irritable and sometimes all of the above at once.  It hasn't been pretty.

PLUS. Up until this morning, I'd hit a plateau.  I can't even.

I need to figure out what I can eat/drink/do to satisfy my PMS cravings/feelings.  Maybe it's partly (or mostly) mental, but some days I have just felt downright miserable.  Like I was being held in a torturous PMS prison hell.  (too dramatic?)

So that's why I haven't updated in a week or so.  I didn't think y'all wanted to hear me complain and whine about all of this, even though I'm pretty sure that's what I just did.

I did take a leap of faith on Saturday and tried lean ground beef for the first time since surgery.  I was really worried it would be too heavy on my stomach, but I tolerated it just fine!  I was so happy.  It tasted different than I remembered.  It's been over two months since I've had hamburger meat and it just tasted so bland.  I even put a whole packet of taco seasoning in the mix.  Maybe I just need to remember my awesome mixture of spices and seasonings I used in the past to make it yummy.  Or maybe it just isn't as good as I always thought...

The scale did move this morning, but only 1.5 lbs.  After being stuck at 273.0 for a week, I'm ready to see it drop like, 10 lbs!  Every morning, when 273.0 popped up on the scale, I would lightly bang my head against the wall. (again, dramatic)

I'm working on it.  Day by day.  It's a struggle and it's amazing at the same time.  Every time I turn around I'm discovering something new-  food, a workout, a motivation.  But one thing's for sure, I'm not giving up.


SW:  311
CW:  271.5
-1.5 since last update
+4.5 from greatest loss (go away!)
-39.5 lbs

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you can and can't have, but something that helps me with my sweet tooth cravings is the ice breaker fruit gums. I love the strawberry and grape flavors and they take the edge off when I want candy. I also enjoy a cup of Swiss Miss hot chocolate when I "need" something, they make a no sugar added version. I am sure Ben loves you just the same :)

    ReplyDelete